“First times are always F-R-E-A-K-Y.”
First times are always F-R-E-A-K-Y. Though I have somehow prepared for my first day in college, I’m still quite nervous about the possible turn of events. For one, I am in a strange environment. It is only Paul whom I know. I have no idea how to deal with my fellow scholars. They appear to be nerdy in varying levels, and I do not know if they will give a positive response once I approach them. The girls from Sisters of Mary are practically aloof, while the boys (not really all are boys per se!) who reside at 5C are boisterous. Not to mention, my roommates seem to have their own worlds. (How pathetic of me!)
The seven thirty class was Introduction to Macroeconomics. Sadly, the Economics professor wasn’t around yet so the class decided to proceed to the PE Building instead. There, I had an encounter with all of my male classmates. There were these twin towers. The first one was named Gust who was deafening at the very start; the other was Alfred who was very calm in speaking. There were also Arvin and Ton-ton who were very fond of fooling around and laughing at themselves. Of course, my roommates: the serious Bryan, the very big Reg, and the boy-next-door Aldrin. I do not know the names of the other boys yet but so far, no one has given me a negative impression. After our class, we were advised by Dean Sevilla to eat our lunch at Gina’s Luncheonette. However, the said restaurant offered limited “home-cooked” meals, and so we decided to dine at another place. Paul and I detached from the rest and took our expensive lunch at Greenwich Ever-Gotesco.
Afternoon came; level 5 of F.T. Primeland was full of activity. My fellow scholars began to utter the usual “Hi”, “Hello”, “What’s your name”. For instance, the boys were at their doorways catching glimpses of the girls whom they wanted TO MARRY. (This is not exaggeration. My statement is verifiable! Try to ask the boys who will eventually have relationships with the girls.) On the other hand, the girls were the customary Maria Clara AT THE START.
Sir Joel Arevalo and Kuya Niño arrived late afternoon to welcome us in our new home. They also oriented us about dormitory rules and regulations. A noteworthy rule was the curfew hour of eight in the evening.
Nighttime approached; we started to arrange our rooms. That was also a chance to get to know our roommates and to set our respective room do’s and don’ts. As directed by Sir Arevalo, we had the lights off at exactly eleven o’ clock. A well-deserved rest for a very long day!
First times are always F-R-E-A-K-Y. Though I have somehow prepared for my first day in college, I’m still quite nervous about the possible turn of events. For one, I am in a strange environment. It is only Paul whom I know. I have no idea how to deal with my fellow scholars. They appear to be nerdy in varying levels, and I do not know if they will give a positive response once I approach them. The girls from Sisters of Mary are practically aloof, while the boys (not really all are boys per se!) who reside at 5C are boisterous. Not to mention, my roommates seem to have their own worlds. (How pathetic of me!)
The seven thirty class was Introduction to Macroeconomics. Sadly, the Economics professor wasn’t around yet so the class decided to proceed to the PE Building instead. There, I had an encounter with all of my male classmates. There were these twin towers. The first one was named Gust who was deafening at the very start; the other was Alfred who was very calm in speaking. There were also Arvin and Ton-ton who were very fond of fooling around and laughing at themselves. Of course, my roommates: the serious Bryan, the very big Reg, and the boy-next-door Aldrin. I do not know the names of the other boys yet but so far, no one has given me a negative impression. After our class, we were advised by Dean Sevilla to eat our lunch at Gina’s Luncheonette. However, the said restaurant offered limited “home-cooked” meals, and so we decided to dine at another place. Paul and I detached from the rest and took our expensive lunch at Greenwich Ever-Gotesco.
Afternoon came; level 5 of F.T. Primeland was full of activity. My fellow scholars began to utter the usual “Hi”, “Hello”, “What’s your name”. For instance, the boys were at their doorways catching glimpses of the girls whom they wanted TO MARRY. (This is not exaggeration. My statement is verifiable! Try to ask the boys who will eventually have relationships with the girls.) On the other hand, the girls were the customary Maria Clara AT THE START.
Sir Joel Arevalo and Kuya Niño arrived late afternoon to welcome us in our new home. They also oriented us about dormitory rules and regulations. A noteworthy rule was the curfew hour of eight in the evening.
Nighttime approached; we started to arrange our rooms. That was also a chance to get to know our roommates and to set our respective room do’s and don’ts. As directed by Sir Arevalo, we had the lights off at exactly eleven o’ clock. A well-deserved rest for a very long day!
No comments:
Post a Comment